Teacher Spotlight: Carlyn Zimmerman

The arts at MCHS are flourishing and there are many people who go into making this magic happen and one of these is Carlyn Zimmermann, a woman of many talents and faces.  She takes a trek to Mccracken every morning in order to teach many eager students the art of music with enthusiasm, life, and love. She has passion for everything and it shows greatly.

How long have you been teaching?

18 years!!!!

Did you have any jobs before teaching? My first job was at a grocery store called Safari “Where shopping is an adventure!”

In high school and college I worked as a choreographer for show choirs color guards and musical theater productions. College summers I spent touring Illinois with the Decatur Park Singers.

What lead you to teaching? I love sharing music with others and teaching the life skills you develop in the performing arts.

Favorite Movie? Under Siege

Song lyrics that mean a lot to you:

Favorite fictional character: TV Sabrina Duncan form Charlie’s Angels

Literary –  Nancy Drew 🙂

Who or what inspires you?  Techno

Favorite comfort food? Italian!  

Where did you go to high school and what year did you graduate? Yorkville High School Yorkville, IL 1993!!! Whoo!!!

How would you define yourself as a high school student? Would the current you be friends with the high school you? Why/Why not? How have you changed?  I was pretty confident in high school I might have a chat with my old self about humility.  

What is one thing that you wish your students knew about you?  That I always try to have their best interest in mind! 🙂

What was the first concert you ever went to?  Barry Manilow at the Illinois State Fair

What was the best concert you ever went to? What made it awesome?  The B-52s in St. Louis