The Mustang Messenger

The Home of McCracken County High School Journalism

The Mustang Messenger

The Mustang Messenger

SENIOR PHOTO DEADLINE
ALL SENIORS PHOTOS DUE IN
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SENIOR PHOTOS
Pale pink round 3d background shape with gold frame and shiny glitter, vector illustration

1989 Meets 2023

After a “cruel summer” touring the United States on her Eras Tour, Swift has once again caused a commotion.  

October 27th is a big day for Swifties all around the world.  Taylor Swift’ 5th studio album, 1989, has been rerecorded and will be re-released Friday.  

Swift still does not currently own her 1st, 5th, and 6th albums.  The popstar has fans raving about 10/27, when her 5th album, 1989, will be re-throned.  

Many students at McCracken are awaiting the arrival of the beloved album.  As Friday approaches, so does the teenage excitement.  For sophomore Eden Neihoff, “1989 is my favorite album.  It is everything.”  

Neihoff will attend a 1989 Taylor’s Version listening party, where she and 11 other swifties plan to listen to the re-recorded album for the first time in a group setting.  

Katelyn Fields (10) is hosting the party at her house where she requests that people, “dress in 1989 blue and Taylor merch.” 

Fans all over the county plan to host similar parties, with cool blue frosted cookies, cool blue decor, and everything cool blue, which is the color theme of 1989.

For other fans, listening alone in the silence of their rooms is the way to go.  “I’m not going to any party or sleepover or anything.  I like to listen to new music alone so I can soak it in,” said Delaney Green (10).  

The original 2014 album included 16 songs as follows: 

Welcome to New York

Blank Space

Style

Out of the Woods

All You Had to do Was Stay

Shake it Off

I Wish You Would

Bad Blood

Wildest Dreams

How You Get Girl

This Love

I Know Places

Clean

Wonderland

You Are in Love

New Romantics

“My favorite  song is You Are in Love, but I haven’t heard the vaults yet, so that could change,” remarked Olivia Magill (10).

The 2023 album will include 5 vault tracks, or songs Taylor wished to add to the album now that she is reliving it.  

The vaults will include:

Slut!

Say Don’t Go

Now That We Don’t Talk

Suburban Legends

Is it Over Now?

Willow Burkehold (11), “I feel so passionate about Say Don’t Go, and I will gatekeep it til’ I die.” 

Many Swifties have been working on creating friendship bracelets, a new Swiftie tradition.  This time, the bracelets are 1989 themed consisting of colors of blue, white, and letter beads.  

These bracelets have the names of various fan favorites and are often traded between the fan base.  

Furthermore, Swift has been active on social media, dropping hints of the vault tracks’ content for her 274 Million Instagram followers.

So far Swift has left pictures of her song journal with the secret song lyrics, 

“Aquamarine Moonlit, swimming pool, what if all I need is you.”

And…

“I broke my own heart cause you were too polite to do it.”

Swifties have been consumed with the mystery Swift left behind.   Some even speculate the release of many more vault tracks on a separate deluxe album. T.S. promises all will be revealed in due time.