MMB Goes To State

MMB Goes To State

Whitney Herring, Messenger Reporter

November 2016

For the first time in the school’s history, the McCracken County Marching Band qualified to go to state. They placed 8th at the regional competition at Muhlenberg High School in Greenville, KY, to guarantee them a spot at state. The McCracken County Marching Band worked incredibly hard during and after school hours to perfect their set. After three years of falling short during the regional competition, the band finally made it to state. We may have only been a school for a short amount of time, but the marching band definitely made history this year.

McCracken County traveled to Louisville on Friday, October 28th to compete in the state marching band competition. Although they made it to state, the band fell short during the semi-finals and placed 15th. Placing 15th wasn’t enough to send them to the finals, so they were sent home. For many of the band members, this was their last band competition as a McCracken County Marching Band Member. These seniors will always take the time they had in the McCracken County Marching Band with them. They have nothing to be ashamed of, they helped the MMB make it to state for the first time in history. We may have fallen short but this group of band members did something that no other group of band members here at McCracken County High School has done: they made history.