Mustangs Dominate the District

Parker Lyon, Reporter

This year in the 1st district tournament McCracken hosted. McCracken and Tilghman dominated the first round of the tournament. Tilghman blew out St. Mary in their first round match, with a score of 71-43. McCracken was in the first seed and gave CCA the beat down in the first round with a score of 76-38. The district championship was a very heated match between the crosstown rivals McCracken in Tilghman. The Mustangs were hot at the start of the game when they led Tilghman 20-10 with 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter. They keep it going leading Tilghman 34-28 at the half. Things begin to turn for the blue tornados in the as they take the lead in the 3rd. But the Mustangs didn’t lose the lead in the 3rd without a fight, especially Jackson Sivills, who hit a 65 foot buzzer beater to end the 3rd quarter. With just seconds left Tyce Daniel laid the ball in the hoop and drew the extra point to seal the deal. The atmosphere was great in Strawberry Hills Arena. Jake Williams, a junior, said :”Honestly, I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else other than the student section. The atmosphere is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. Students who wouldn’t have normally talked to each other came together and supported their school. I love this school and everything about. Mustang Nation is more than a pep club or a group of students. We are a family. One big Crimson family.”