Halloween Band Concert

247183742001102

Olivia Vick, Messenger Reporter

On October 30, 2017, McCracken County High School’s many bands came together for a Halloween concert titled “Music for a Darkened Theatre”, directed by John Lovell and Kelley Ray. The concert featured:

• Wind Ensemble, playing “Haunted Carousel” while walking through the theatre, “Lightning Field”, “Dusk” and “Inferno”
  • Percussion Ensemble B, playing “Lost Souls” and “Stool of Rock”
  • A Sax Ensemble, playing “Monsters INC.”
  • Symphonic Band, playing “Wicked” a medley of the beloved songs from this famous Broadway Musical, “Dark Shadow” and “Into the Storm”
  • A Flute Choir, playing “Danse Macabre”
  • Jazz Band, playing “Superstition” and “That Old Black Magic”
  • A Trombone Quartet, playing “Game of Thrones”
  • Percussion Ensemble A (conducted by Stephanie Buchanon), playing “Double Trouble” famously known from the Harry Potter movie The Prisoner of Azkaban and “John Williams”
  • Mustang Marching Band, playing their show “Dream Within a Dream” including the color guard performing throughout the auditorium

The band went all out with decorations, an array of enjoyable music, and ridiculous costumes. It was a wonderful and spooky concert, which most students were very pleased with. Make sure to attend next year’s Halloween concert and the remainder of the band’s concerts throughout the year. Students really appreciate your support. For more information on the McCracken County Bands and upcoming performances, visit their website, mccrackenbands.org, and their Facebook Page, McCracken County Bands.