Winter Wonderland at MCHS

Dawntashia Alexander, Staff Writer - The Mustang Messenger

This past week, McCracken County High School has, quite literally, decked the halls. In a flurry of Holiday cheer, there are many things Holiday related going on at the high school. Not only is there a house decorating contest, where the five houses decorate their halls, Extended Learning Centers, and doors in any and every available and creative Christmas decoration they can find, but there are plenty of other events and activities going on as well.

Students may choose to buy candy grams, anonymous or not, for their friends, significant others, love interests, or even themselves. These candy grams are sold for $3 a bag and will be delivered to their recipients just before the students leave for Christmas break.

Another interesting competition going on at McCracken County High School is not just between the five houses, but between every individual classroom. Students may bring in canned goods to their first-period teacher, and whichever first-period class brings in the most canned goods will receive a hot chocolate and donut party. 

McCracken has also hosted their Christmas Spirit week. On Monday, students started off with their Polar Express-worthy Christmas Pajamas. On Tuesday, students and staff came to school as Santa’s little helpers, dressing up as elves, reindeer, and even their parents. On Wednesday, McCracken took a trip to Whoville, where students and staff dressed up as Whos and the Grinch himself. Thursday was an opportunity for students and staff to represent their favorite Christmas movies of all time. Students and staff wrapped up the week by having an all-time classic Ugly Sweater day on Friday.