The Mustang Messenger

The Home of McCracken County High School Journalism

The Mustang Messenger

The Mustang Messenger

SENIOR PHOTO DEADLINE
ALL SENIORS PHOTOS DUE IN
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SENIOR PHOTOS
Pale pink round 3d background shape with gold frame and shiny glitter, vector illustration

Lovely Lilly Bass

Lilly Bass, a freshman at McCracken County High School, loves the water. She likes to be anywhere near it, like the beach or the lake. Lilly was born in Kentucky in 2008, but for some time she lived in North Carolina near a beach. Living in Kentucky as well, she has also grown to enjoy lake time with her family and friends.

Not only is Lilly a fan of the beach and the lake, but she is also a fan of the guitar, as she’s been playing for 8 years. She says she 

loves playing country music because “I have grown up around things like that,” she states. For the first five years of playing the guitar she took lessons locally, but now she is self-taught and likes to practice up to 30 minutes a day. She isn’t very interested in sports, so she gets to dedicate a lot of time to something that she loves. She wants to stay consistent, but it can be painful to stretch her hands and calluses on her fingers. Either way, she finds playing calming and

something enjoyable for her to do. She says that more recently she’s been enjoying playing songs by Lil Peep on her electric guitar, and has recently learned to play the song “Star Shopping”, released by Lil Peep in 2015. Playing the guitar has given Lilly a true passion and the knowledge of what it means to work hard for something that you love. Some of her other favorite songs are “The Walls” and “Uncomfortable” by Chase Atlantic. Chase Atlantic is an Australian R&B band that was formed in 2014.

Lilly chose Intro to Journalism this year for a class. “I’ve always liked writing and thought it would be fun,” she states. A lot of the students taking this course chose it because it was what they wanted to do for their future careers. Not only is Journalism a good career choice, but it can also be fun. “It’s fun to explore and just see what it is,” expresses Lillie, “You never know if it’s something you enjoy.”  When asked about what career path she wants to take after high school, she says, “I want to go into graphic design or just anything in design.” Lillie says that art and design have had a big impact on her life. She says that it’s also one of her favorite things to do. “I feel pretty confident that it’s what I want to do in life, but I guess you never really know,” Lilly says with a laugh.

Lilly is a very creative individual. From the information we already know, we might think her favorite class is something like writing or art. It’s math. She says that she likes math because it goes by fast. After all, you’re just working the whole time. She doesn’t enjoy classes that make you feel like it will never end because it’s so long. She also likes math because she gets a pretty good grade, and it comes easier to her than other things. When Lilly is outside of school, she enjoys spending most of her time with her cat. Her cat is named Salvatore, but she calls him Sal for short. Her cat is named after some of the main characters in the TV show “The Vampire Diaries”, which happens to be one of her favorite shows.

She says that her weekend plans mostly depend on her mood at the time, which is a relatable thing for most of us. She says that she enjoys hanging out with her friends on the weekend.  Lilly says that her favorite day of the week is Friday because the school day goes by faster, and of course after that is the weekend.  She describes her style as “basic and comfortable” which is something most of us can relate to. She wears her Converse a lot, an iconic shoe, and wears mostly leggings and t-shirts. “I would rather just be comfortable,” she says.

Lilly is a down-to-earth human and likes to just go with the flow. She has a calm demeanor and loves her friends. Lilly has an older sister who is 18 and a younger brother who is 12, making her the middle child. She also finds that her family is something very important to her. One interesting fact about Lilly is that part of her hair is dyed red. This fits how creative she is. Creativity and art are a big part of Lilly’s life and who she is. Being creative can be a rarity these days. We get so many ideas from social media and what is viewed as cool. Creativity and individuality mean even more in this day and age. Lilly plays the guitar, enjoys learning new songs, listens to music, loves design, and loves writing. She is nothing short of creative. Lilly values kindness and is a lovely person. She wants to make people feel important because we all deserve to feel that way. She says that a quote she lives by is, “Always be kinder than you feel.” This means that even if you aren’t feeling amazing sometimes, always remember to be kind. She says that it’s also important to be kind to yourself because being kind to yourself can lead you to be more kind to others. She says that she wants to get more involved with clubs that surround kindness and inclusivity at McCracken if possible. For her age, Lilly is a pretty wise person. Most people would call her an old soul.

Lilly Bass is a great choice if you’re ever interested in making friends. It’s shocking for most people who’ve spoken to Lilly to find out that she’s a freshman because she seems so mature. McCracken County High School has a lot of students. We’re constantly seeing people that we don’t know and going on about our day. If you got to know any of these unfamiliar faces, you could find a cool person, just like Lilly. She is someone that you should get to know.