The Mustang Messenger

The Home of McCracken County High School Journalism

The Mustang Messenger

The Mustang Messenger

SENIOR PHOTO DEADLINE
ALL SENIORS PHOTOS DUE IN
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SENIOR PHOTOS
Pale pink round 3d background shape with gold frame and shiny glitter, vector illustration

The Lady Stangs

Dearest reader, 

It’s a well known fact that music holds the power to unite people despite their different backgrounds. We witnessed it during Tuesday’s fifth lunch when the majority of the students joined together and sang Bruno Mars’ “When I Was Your Man” and through its silliness or annoyance, depending on how you viewed it, you couldn’t deny the unity those students had in those memorable four minutes. 

With that being said, these two authors took it upon ourselves and inquired several students about their favorite songs. Here are our blunt but most genuine reviews. 

“In the Stars” by Benson Boone was an unexpectedly downhearted response, but when these two authors dug deeper we found a sweet soul who had found comfort within each lyric. “It reminds me of my Grandpa and how I’m going to miss him when he’s gone,” Jesscilyn Osborne (9). It was a surprise to know such a sad song could be a favorite but after listening to the song we found that we too could also relate to Boone’s lyrics.  

“The song reminds me of when I was little,” was the reasoning behind Mylie Nelson’s (11) song choice, “Locked Out of Heaven” by Bruno Mars. After a good listen we definitely agreed. The lyrics radiated nostalgia, they took us back to a time when we were too young to understand the song’s meaning but loved the way it made us feel. 

After so many wholesome answers, “Turnt Up” by Team Twin was a surprising response, to say the least. The reasoning behind the unrefined song however was genuine, “It puts me in a good mood for the day and helps me connect with everyone,” Paris Osborne (11).  These two authors agreed that, despite its indignity, the song’s upbeat rhythm and repetitive lyrics were quite catchy.