The Mustang Messenger

The Home of McCracken County High School Journalism

The Mustang Messenger

The Mustang Messenger

SENIOR PHOTO DEADLINE
ALL SENIORS PHOTOS DUE IN
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SENIOR PHOTOS
Pale pink round 3d background shape with gold frame and shiny glitter, vector illustration

Media Club in Full Swing

Since August 15, 2023, the day of Club Rush, the Media Club has hit the ground running. This school season has been packed full of games and events so far, and the Media Club has been diligently working to make sure everything is seen.

MCHS is currently in the Football Phase of the school year, and with that comes lots of events that require things like the Jumbotrone and an active media team behind them. MCHS Media Club has been working like dogs making sure these events are widely broadcasted. They have also been following any events like the telethon that recently happened, general charity things, and stuff that other parts of the school have been doing. If it has happened, Media Club has probably been there rolling tape. 

Jumbotron worker Sofia Rinella (11) is here to give us an inside scoop into all the Media Club’s doings. When we asked her things like what does Media Club contributes to the games, so that way we could get a good idea of what Media brings to the McCracken Sports table Rinella (11) proceeded to tell us

“Mostly just filming it, and being able to have like a video side to watch it if you can’t go into the games in person, like a parent or something, you can still see it online and see photos.”

This shows that Media Club’s running around following the games is important for the games. The club run by Mrs. Grifith and Mark Madison has some big plans coming up according to our inside scoop by Rinella (11).

“Definitely just each game is probably a big plan, but we recently did like working with WPSD, and applying for the MSU and WKU awards which is like a newscast statewide competition.”

We also asked about the difficulty Media Club has been so far this year, and here is what we learned

“I wouldn’t say it’s hard, it’s just been stressful because your looking for new kids and new recruitment, it’s recruitment period.”

If your interest has peaked, and want to be a part of the MCHS Media Club here is how to join according to Rinella (11).

“Just ask Mrs. Griffith if you can join Media Club.” 

We have also been informed to strongly encourage students to look over, and watch the Morning Newscasts on YouTube because they are still happening and the students are putting in a lot of effort to produce them, “and you might even see me” according to Rinella (11).

The MCHS Media Club and it’s dedicated task to making sure our school events are shown to the public. We can see that they have been super busy putting together everything media-related so that anything MCHS is shown to the general public, like our parents, or parental figures. Please feel free to reach out, and I’m sure they will welcome anyone with open arms, and most likely a hand full of equipment.