The Mustang Messenger

The Home of McCracken County High School Journalism

The Mustang Messenger

The Mustang Messenger

SENIOR PHOTO DEADLINE
ALL SENIORS PHOTOS DUE IN
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SENIOR PHOTOS
Pale pink round 3d background shape with gold frame and shiny glitter, vector illustration

Lillian LaGores

Lillian+LaGores

Lillian LaGore is a Sophomore at Mccracken County High School, Lillian prefers to go by Lillie because her mom started to call her that when she was a little girl. LaGore spends her free time after school with her friends and family, she loves going on car rides with her sister.

LaGore grew up in Illinois when in 2019 she moved to Paducah, KY. Her favorite thing she used to do in Illinois was go mudding with her dad and family. LaGore’s family would go mudding for family time and would most likely do it every single weekend and sometimes during the week. Summers in LaGore’s house were different though, they would be gone all summer because they would go mudding far away and then find somewhere in the woods and camp. 

She always has music playing, she said “I like listening to music that puts me in a good mood.” She said her favorite genre of music is Rap and Pop, Her top favorite Artist is Kevin Gates, and her favorite song is “Right Above It “. Her mom would listen to Kevin Gates as LaGore was growing up, She said “I kind of just grew up on that music so it’s what I enjoy.”

Lillie’s Career goal is to be an occupational therapist, She said “I want to help people with injuries and illnesses.” When LaGore was little, she said “I wanted to be a Nurse because I want to be like my mom.” LaGore works at Atomic City because she said she likes seeing other kids happy, she said “They enjoy all the activities and rides, and they are so nice to me.”

LaGore is a very bright person and would describe herself as the color yellow. LaGore is always in a good mood and can make anyone smile on a bad day. She can also be described as a very funny person, some might say immature but if you know LaGore you know she’s just full of jokes. She is a very positive person and tries not to let anyone bring her down. If someone has a conversation with LaGore they will be able to tell what kind of person she is by the energy she gives off. Although LaGore has a great personality there are a few things she would like to change about herself like how she judges people, She can be very sweet but she can also be really mean. LaGore says “I got my mean-ness from my dad’s side of the family” and from what she says she and her father are alike in many ways. 

Usually, a kid’s dream job as a kid is a teacher, a doctor, etc. LaGore’s dream job as a kid was always a nurse because that’s what her mom was. LaGore looks up to her mom, her mom is her best friend. LaGore didn’t have many friends growing up because of her childhood so her mom was always there to make sure she had someone and that still hasn’t changed years later.

LaGore is someone who is on social media, posts on social media, and loves social media. LaGore’s favorite app is Snapchat, she said “I like Snap because I can save as many pictures I want without worrying about storage.” Some people might agree with her about that because if you’re someone like LaGore you might also like to take pictures of everything just for the memories. A little more about LaGore is that her favorite brand is Nike and she says it’s because the clothes from Nike are comfortable and usually fit her just right. LaGore doesn’t like when other people buy her clothes because she claims “they never fit right” or “they’re not her style”. LaGore is not only picky about her clothes, she’s picky about everything. 

LaGore would choose only a handful of friends to hang out with over her family. She doesn’t like to leave her house or stay at friend’s houses. LaGore gets homesick very easily and would much rather be home over anything but if she had to pick one thing she would rather do than be home would be driving around with her older sister. LaGore and her sister go on rides every day after school. LaGore says she just enjoys being in the car because “it makes me comfortable” and “I love jamming out as loud as we want”. LaGore would rather hang out with her older sister over any of her friends no matter what the case was. 

LaGore has many fears including the dark, monsters, being alone, and not succeeding. Not succeeding is the biggest one she says. LaGore doesn’t want to ever disappoint her parents not only because she wants them to be proud of her just like anyone else but she has always been the kid with good grades. LaGore says she tries the hardest in school to stay in the spot of being the kid with the best grades. 

LaGore has made it very clear she likes food. If anyone knows LaGore they know she can eat anytime all the time no matter what. LaGore’s favorite food is steak, she says “I will eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner”. Her steak has to be medium well just like how her mom likes her steak. LaGore says she is thankful her mom taught her all these things like how to have her steak cooked, how to get over boys, and how to be herself. 

LaGore is the type of person to want to be remembered for, she said that she would want to be remembered for her funny personality, and how thoughtful she is. She said, “I think I’m a caring person and I think people can talk to me, if they need someone to talk to, I can.” 

LaGore was asked to “define romance”, and she said, “Romance is amazing, and to let no one get in the way.” LaGore said that if she had an ideal date she would want to have a picnic at the park on a hill, on a sunny day. She was asked why, and she said “It sounds so romantic with a significant other.”