The Mustang Messenger

The Home of McCracken County High School Journalism

The Mustang Messenger

The Mustang Messenger

SENIOR PHOTO DEADLINE
ALL SENIORS PHOTOS DUE IN
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SENIOR PHOTOS
Pale pink round 3d background shape with gold frame and shiny glitter, vector illustration

Extraordinary Emma Ewing

Emma Ewing (10) is a 15-year-old student at Mccracken County High School. She is a part of the yearbook team at her school. Ewing was born and briefly lived in Mayfield, Kentucky until she moved to Paducah when she was only two years old. Ewing says her favorite color has always been purple her whole life for no particular reason. She thinks it is the prettiest color there is to choose from all the color options. When she was asked how the color purple makes her feel she went on to explain how the color purple makes her feel very calm and it also kind of brings a nostalgic feeling to her. Ewing also goes on to say this could have influenced her love for the lavender plant as well. She is part of a huge family. In total, she has seven siblings and she is the second oldest of all of them. All her siblings include Abby (sister) who is nineteen, Jaxon (brother) who is fourteen, Laura (sister) who is twelve, Audrey (sister) who is ten, Miller (brother) who is eight, and she has a set of twins Avery and Holden and they are four.

Ewing goes on to say she spends most of her free time babysitting and going out with friends. She says she prefers to keep her friend group small and very close. Ewing says she loves going to the mall and the movies with friends. When she was asked what her other hobbies are she talked about her absolute love for the art. To be specific she says she loves to sketch. Ewing says that she likes to sketch flowers or little page fillers or doodles. She said she loves to sketch little random things. Ewing also sketches animals. She goes on to say she also enjoys just walking around the city of Paducah and spending quality time with her friends. She said that she loves spending lots of her free time downtown. Some of her favorite places downtown are the art shops and the crystal shops. She says she enjoys looking at the many different art murals downtown and looking through all the different jewelry stands. 

Ewing has a very unique sense of clothing style and a different music taste as well. Her favorite song is Decode by Paramore. When Ewing was asked why she chose journalism as one of her elective courses she said that she is building to being a writer one day in the future. She also says that she took creative writing the previous year and that inspired her to take a journalism class. She also talks about how she loves the way Mrs. Rathgaber teaches. When Ewing was asked what she loved to write the first thing she mentions is poems. When Ewing was asked if she thought she would try and accomplish the difficult task of being a full-time writer she said she would love it. Ewing goes on to say, “Becoming a famous author is my dream”. When she was asked what kind of books she wanted to write she said she loves to write fiction the most. She went on to say that one of her big inspirations was the Harry Potter series. When Ewing is asked why Harry Potter inspires her so much she says she has loved this series ever since the early days of middle school. She says that the elaborate world created by this author really stuck out to her as a child. She goes on to say Harry Potter was an escape from reality even when things would get rough for her. Ewing says that she loves watching movies and some of her favorites are Star Wars and Harry Potter.

She also goes on to say she wants to study at a college in Indiana. The University of Indiana to be exact. When asked why she chose this particular college, she talked about how her dad lives there, and being closer to where he lives helped to lead her to that school. She also talks about her love of traveling. When asked about some of the places she traveled she said Chattanooga, Tennessee, Florida, and all over the state of Indiana. She also said she has traveled to Georgia and North Carolina. She is also very excited to say that she plans to travel to New York on her sixteenth birthday in September.  Ewing also says another big thing for her is traveling outside of America. The main place she would love to travel to is Italy. When she was asked why she wanted to travel the world she said that she wanted to see all kinds of different things and also said she wants to see all different ways of life. She also talks about how she could see herself living in Italy long term. Ewing also says the reason she chose Italy is because she loves the culture of this particular country. And she also talked about how she loves the looks of Italy. When asked what she thought Italy would do for her writing Ewing says she thinks living in Italy would have a huge impact on her writing because of its beauty. Ewing says Italy would give her pure inspiration. She also said she loves their food and that she simply does not want to stay in America forever. “I just don’t want to stay in the same place my whole life” was something that stood out to me from Ewing.

Overall, Ewing is a very creative person with a huge imagination. She also has huge plans for her future and has a very bright future ahead.