Netflix Recommendations- February

Luke Resser, Messenger Reporter

Finding Dory

Ever since Toy Story, Pixar has ruled the world of animation films. Finding Dory is the sequel to Finding Nemo. The film showcases beautiful animation as well as great voice acting from Ellen Degeneres, Albert Brooks, and more. Despite the slightly messy story, it’s still an enjoyable film. Finding Dory is perfect for anyone who enjoys animated films or other Pixar movies.

3/5

The Blair Witch Project

Horror films were forever changed after the release of this film in 1990. The Blair Witch Project is a found footage film which means that it is made to be real, inspiring several other series like the Paranormal Activity series. The story is about three friends who try to shoot a student film about an urban legend named the Blair Witch. They set out into the woods but were never seen again. Years later, their camera equipment was found. This movie is the footage that they shot. Any fans of horror will love this film.

4/5

Superbad

One of Jonah Hill’s first big roles was in this 2007 comedy written by Seth Rogen. Telling the story of two high-school losers who try to throw a huge party, this film has Seth Rogen’s style of comedy all over it. The film also has a full cast with Michael Cera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Emma Stone, and more. If you enjoy comedies or Seth Rogen-style films, this is the film for you.

4/5

Contact

Robert Zemeckis’s sci-fi classic was based off of a novel by Carl Sagan. The film tells the story of a scientist who finds a radio signal with proof of alien life. Jodie Foster leads the cast with other all- star actors including Matthew McConaughey, William Fichtner, and the late John Hurt. Contact is great for fans of sci-fi or Robert Zemeckis films.

3.5/5